Did you know you can come with the Houston Zoo into the wild? Last week the Houston Zoo Spring Yellowstone travelers had the adventure of a lifetime in Yellowstone! The Houston Zoo partners with Wildlife Expeditions Teton Science School to provide the best possible wildlife focused experience in Yellowstone.
Wildlife Expeditions biologists escort us to wildlife veiwing opportunities that feel so special it is like we are priviledged backstage pass holders for the rock star wildlife of Yellowstone.
All of the beautiful photos in this post were taken by Keith Kilson, a traveler who captured these beautiful shots on last week’s Houston Zoo Yellowstone trip. And, here are a few highlights from another Houston Zoo traveler about last week’s trip:
- Seeing the two large grizzly bears helping themselves to the carcass of an animal with the wolf standing in between them, waiting for his turn to eat!
- Climbing up the van’s hatch roof to watch Grizzly Bear “Scarface” cross the road in front of our vans completely indifferent to our presence, yet majestic in his movements
- Seeing the bears (grizzly and black) with the cubs
- Seeing the mother bison wandering around in search for her calf (probably killed by a wolf or a bear)
- Seeing Grand Teton (the highest peak of the Tetons) with the Snake River running in front of it (on our final trip back to Jackson Hole)
- Listening to Wolf Biologist, Rick McIntyre talk about the wolves of Yellowstone
If you love wildlife and have an adventurous heart join the Houston Zoo for our next Yellowstone adventure September 7-11. Click here for more information on traveling with the Zoo and how to reserve your spot.